New Brazilian cocktails, bar bites and Happy Hour offers, plus eagerly anticipated seasonal menu additions offer guests three new reasons to experience Fogo nationwide.
Fogo de Chão debuts three significant menu enhancements, taking guests on a captivating culinary adventure through Southern Brazil without leaving the comfort of their table or bar seats. As part of the Brazilian steakhouse’s largest bar innovation since it arrived stateside nearly 20 years ago, Bar Fogo – a casual alternative for guests looking to enjoy the Brazilian art of churrasco – now features an expanded menu that includes a refined array of new Brazilian Bites, Brazilian-inspired craft cocktails and South American wines. Coupled with an enriched Bar Fogo Happy Hour program at attractive price points, these two enhancements perfectly complement Fogo’s new spring menu additions that include seasonal salads and soup.
“Menu innovation is at the core of all that we do at Fogo, and with our new Bar Fogo menu, Happy Hour and seasonal spring offerings, we’re thrilled to be providing our guests with new ways to experience the authentic flavors and Southern Brazilian hospitality for which Fogo is known,” said Larry Johnson, Chief Executive Officer of Fogo de Chão.
Bar Fogo’s new offerings were designed with everyday occasions in mind and offer uniquely craveable items found only at Fogo de Chão. A sample of the new small plates include:
- Braised Beef Rib Sliders: Brazilian Xingu beer braised beef is topped with caramelized onions and smoked provolone, served on a brioche bun.
- Brazilian Empanadas: Flaky pastry filled with seasoned picanha and onions served with Chimichurri aioli for dipping.
- Garlic Shrimp: Four jumbo shrimp sautéed in garlic butter with sweet peppers and onions, served with passion fruit dipping sauce.
The expanded Bar Fogo menu also features new hand-crafted Caipirinhas and Brazilian inspired cocktails including:
- Strawberry Hibiscus Caipirinha: Silver cachaça is mixed with hibiscus-infused syrup, fresh strawberries, and lime for a tasty twist on Brazil’s national cocktail.
- Mango Habanero Caipirinha: Limes, mangoes and habanero peppers are muddled with silver cachaça for a sizzling kick destined to jumpstart any Happy Hour.
- Brazilian Gentleman: Knob Creek Rye Bourbon, passion fruit, tawny port, Amargo Chuncho bitters and honey blend together seamlessly in this premium cocktail.
- Brazilian Nights: Belvedere Vodka joins forces with passion fruit, cinnamon honey, lemon ginger tincture and La Marca Prosecco for the ultimate evening drink.
Bar Fogo Happy Hour is available Monday through Friday from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. and features new Happy Hour prices that everyone can appreciate – from $4 Brazilian Bites & Beers to $6 South American Wines and $8 Brazilian Inspired Cocktails.
Finally, Fogo’s spring seasonal menu items have been crafted for those ready to embrace warmer temperatures using the freshest ingredients of the season. Select menu items include:
- Blackberry Arugula Salad: This flavorful arugula salad features fresh blackberries and spring onions and is topped with goat cheese, crispy prosciutto and served with a blackberry balsamic vinaigrette.
- Lentil Quinoa Salad: This colorful salad features quinoa and green lentils, finely diced red onion and red bell pepper and is garnished with fresh chopped parsley and basil.
- Carrot Ginger Soup: Sweet spring carrots are blended with coconut milk and ginger for a delicious vegan treat.
- Mango Ginger Martini: Ketel One Citroen, fresh mango, South American ginger and honey lemon elixir is garnished with fresh basil.
For more information on the new Bar Fogo and spring menu offerings or to make dining reservations, please visit http://www.fogo.com.
About Fogo de Chão
Fogo de Chão is a leading Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, which has specialized for more than 37 years in fire-roasting high-quality meats utilizing the centuries-old Southern Brazilian cooking technique of churrasco. Fogo offers guests a wide variety of simply seasoned meats that are carefully fire-roasted to expose their natural flavors. The company was founded in 1979 in Porto Alegre, Brazil, and expanded into the U.S. in 1997. There are currently 47 locations throughout Brazil, the United States, and Mexico, including locations in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Mexico City.
Additionally, Fogo offers a gourmet Market Table & Feijoada Bar, which includes seasonal salads, soup, fresh vegetables, feijoada (traditional black bean stew with rice, fresh orange and yuca flour), and much more. Southern Brazilian side dishes such as pão de queijo (warm cheese bread), crispy hot polenta, and caramelized bananas are served family-style. To further complement the dining experience, the restaurant offers an award-winning wine list, tempting dessert menu, and creative and classic cocktails. Guests can also choose between lighter seafood selections, or enjoy the gourmet Market Table only option. For more information, visit Fogo.com, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
For a visual representation of the story of Fogo de Chão, watch “The Gaucho Way,” a documentary-style video shot through the eyes of real Fogo de Chão Brazilian gauchos and explores the restaurant’s deep cultural roots in Southern Brazil.