From Meatless Monday to flexitarian diets, many Americans are making a more conscious effort to eat in ways that are greener, healthier, and better for the planet. But vegetarianism can seem impossible for the uninitiated, who not only have to learn how to cook meat-free meals, but may struggle to find delicious and filling foods when on a budget, dining out, and traveling.
In Stuff Every Vegetarian Should Know (Quirk Books; September 26, 2017; $9.95), long-time vegetarian Katherine McGuire provides an easy and approachable guide to plant-based eating for readers of all levels of commitment. Part of Quirk’s best-selling how-to series, this convenient, pocket-sized handbook is the perfect tool for adopting and living the veggie lifestyle, featuring chapters on everything from nutrition, food shopping, and cooking to navigating social situations as a vegetarian and troubleshooting the “Help, I’m still hungry!” stage.
This compact guide to eating, cooking, and living meat-free is filled with essential information, including the following:
- An overview of why eating plants is good for the environment, your wallet, and your health
- Tips and tricks for grocery shopping, from finding the best bargains and selecting fresh vegetables to curating a well-stocked pantry
- Instructions for cooking staples like grains and beans, plus customizable recipes for soups and stir-fries
- Recommendations for curbing cravings, smart snacking, and converting favorite omnivore recipes to delicious meat-free meals
- Advice for staying veg when dining out, socializing, and traveling
- Sample menus and ideas for inspired breakfasts, sandwich lunches, and more!
Packed with valuable information and insight, Stuff Every Vegetarian Should Know is an invaluable resource for beginners, the veg-curious, and long-time vegetarians alike.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
|ABOUT THE BOOK
Stuff Every Vegetarian Should Know
By Katherine McGuire
Publisher: Quirk Books
On sale: September 26, 2017
US $9.95 / CAN $10.95
Hardcover; 144 pages