Makes approximately 4-6 waffles (depending on waffle iron)
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- c sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- 1/2 c whole milk
- 2 T melted butter
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 8 oz. mascarpone
- 1 T lemon curd
- 1 Pt Blueberries (for garnish)
For mascarpone mixture:
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In separate large bowl, whisk eggs,ricotta cheese, buttermilk, whole milk and butter and lemon juice together.
- Mix in lemon zest to the wet mixture
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until smooth.
- Cook according to waffle iron instructions.
- In a small bowl, blend lemon curd into mascarpone.
- Place cooked waffle on plate and top with mascarpone and blueberries.
Recipe created, and provided by The Hotel Saugatuck
About The Hotel Saugatuck
The Hotel Saugatuck is an 18-room luxury bed and breakfast with stunning views of Lake Kalamazoo, offering modern amenities, mere blocks from the vintage reminiscent small-town of Saugatuck, Michigan, and minutes from Douglas. Built in 1865, The Hotel Saugatuck, formerly the Twin Gables Inn, is the only original mill in the area still standing from the busy lumbering era. It is now comprised of a dozen rooms in the historic hotel and three duplex cottages, each with two guestrooms. All rooms feature king sized beds, private bathrooms, Jason Hydrotherapy Tubs with Micro-silk Technology, in-room breakfast, in-room dessert, fireplaces, and individual climate control. Privacy and individual attention define The Hotel Saugatuck experience.